Experience the Freedom of Fungal Free Nails
Are your toes ready for sandal season? As the mercury rises and we start to take our toes out of our Winter warming shoes, are you embarrassed by fungal nails? At The Forest Podiatry we have been treating Fungal nails using laser technology for over two years now with great success!
Nearly 15% of Australians suffer from Fungal nail disease.
Fungal nail disease can spread quickly, cause unsightly nail discoloration and contribute to a negative self-image. It may result in pain when wearing shoes, by developing corns down the sides of the nail or ingrown nails.
What are the symptoms?
- Thickened, brittle toenails, some even become so thick that they cramp the toes inside the shoes
- Yellow, brown or white toenail discoloration, depending on the type of fungi
- Yellow or brown fungus tends to overgrow and crumble the nail plate, with debris buildup under the toenail
- White, superficial fungus lies on the top surface of the nail, softening it, then it dries up and becomes powdery
- Unpleasant smell
- Infection is spreading to other toenails or the skin
The podiatrists at The Forest Podiatry have been having great success treating fungal infections using the FOX 1064 Laser. It is Australia’s newest, fastest and most advanced technology to treat fungal nail infections.
The Benefits of Laser Therapy
- Over 80% success rate with only two treatments
- No side effects
- No age limitations
- No anaesthesia
- No downtime
How does the Laser Work?
The laser heats up the nail to a temperature of around 45℃, which is enough to kill the fungal spores. As the laser beam heats through to the nail bed, it effectively treats the condition at its source. This is its greatest advantage over traditional therapies. You will feel a mild to moderate heat sensation which lasts one to four minutes per toenail.